THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 20, Introduction to 365 Days "The Business of Heaven"

Originally I wrote this blog while exploring Erich Fromm's "To have or to be?" The blog was my first step in becoming a minimalist. I learned to stop buying excessive/ wasteful stuff while writing this blog in 2010. I explored a lot about myself and my relationship with Christ. I grew a lot while writing this blog and I'm still intrigued by my 2010 journey each time I look back at the posts from that year.

This past December, 2014, after reading through a few of the days towards the end of The Business of Heaven, a compilation of daily readings of C.S. Lewis' works done by Walter Hooper, I decided that I'd love to challenge myself to do a daily post surrounding that book this year. I love C.S. Lewis' writings. Reading little excerpts on a daily basis is proving to be wonderfully thought provoking, spiritually uplifting, and artistically inspiring. I hope you enjoy coming along for the journey with me. So far it's been much less personal that my 2010 blog, or even my $12 a day blog but I'm having fun with it for certain.

I will post each day's reading in it's entirety at first but after about a month I'll be going back and removing most of the excerpt due to copy right infringement possibilities. This means you'll need to keep up with me if you would like to read through all of The Business of Heaven with me this year.
One of the great difficulties is to keep before the audience's mind the question of Truth. They always think you are recommending Christianity not because it is true but because it is good. And in the discussion they will at every moment try to escape from the issue 'True - or False' into stuff about the Spanish Inquisition, or France, or Poland - or anything whatever. You have to keep forcing them back, and again back, to the real point. Only thus will you be able to undermine... their belief that a certain amount of 'religion' is desirable but one mustn't carry it too far. One must keep on pointing out that Christianity is a statement which, if false, is of no importance, and, if true, of infinite importance. The one thing it cannot be is moderately important.
C.S. Lewis
-The Business of Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment