THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I am Loved by God, Day 3

Because the society we live in is devoted to acquiring property and making a profit, we rarely see any evidence of the being mode of existence and most people see the having mode as the most natural way of life.
-Erich Fromm
I am an extremist (in my mind at least). I spend the majority of my day planning ways to drastically alter my life, myself, and the world I live in. It’s almost as if I need to have a grand dream to feel that I’m worthwhile. Rarely do I relax, always busy in my mind, imagining change, increase, and future events. I’m always thinking of ways to acquire the things I feel I need. I desire to drawn more near to the God I serve, to know more of Him and to be the person He created me to be. However I am really good at stepping away from God in order to accomplish His works all on my own. It’s almost as if I’m trying to acquire or earn God’s gifts and blessings in my life, like they’re more desirable to me when I’m working for them, as opposed to Him just blessing me.

Today I chose to delight in God’s love for me. I took time out this morning to thank Him for loving me and to reflect on that unconditional incomprehensible love. Scripture says that God has given us the choice between life and death, but that He desires we choose life, He desires only good for us, and it is His will that none should choose death. Basically, no matter what I do, or where I go, or what choices I make God still desires the absolute best for me and loves me unconditionally (kind of like a mom).

So today before I started dreaming, imagining increase, and growth, and all the many things I might accomplish, tackle and acquire in life I thanked God for His love and that I need NOTHING more than that. Because I know that He loves me, because I know that He will always take care of me, I know that all of my NEEDS (in terms of what I require to survive) will always be taken care of by my Father God. Apart from that I NEED nothing other than His love. I don’t need to accomplish any grand feats to be me. I don’t need to search out and discover the perfect path to trod down. I don’t need anything but His love for me (and that will never cease). Simple moments like the one I experienced this morning sitting in His light, complete, wrapped in His love are the moments that define me, not anything I’ve learned, realized, acquired or hope to accomplish, but simply that I am loved by God. I am ok with that being who I am. I am loved by God (and so are you).

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing, therefore choose life… Duet. 30:19

No comments:

Post a Comment