THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Evangelism, Day 315

This is sort of my reaction to my sister Starr's blog. But it's also something that's been in the back of my mind a lot lately.

I've been looking at people. I've been appreciating people (or trying to a least). We're each so unique and I know that EVERY SINGLE human being breathes the breath of God. I know that we were all created by Him. I know that He cares for and loves us all. I like to think of everyone as sons and daughters of my Heavenly Father. Sadly, and this has come up while I've been reading a few different times lately EVERYONE isn't a son or daughter of God. I hate even typing that but according to the Bible anyone who's accepted Christ's redemption; anyone who acknowledges what God's only begotten Son did on the cross is in a sense adopted into the family. We each become son's and daughters of God once we accept God's Son.

I think evangelism is this: “a preaching of, or zealous effort to spread the gospel (the Good news, the glad tidings of Jesus Christ)” and a beseeching to all of God's creation to join the family. It's like a child who knows that his family is thee absolute best family in existence and this child is searching out and looking for all the orphan children who haven't got a family and asking them to "please, please, please come home and meet my Father and I promise He'll love you and become your Father too!"

This blog puts me to shame. I imagine that I love people. I imagine that I love my Heavenly Father. But honestly I've (with very few exceptions) done a horrible job at asking the orphans to join the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment