THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, December 17, 2010

While I was Driving, Day 330

There was a huge squirrel munching on something in a field. It's so very cold outside and yet the little critter looked so powerful and content. It made me smile.

I noticed an incredibly thick power line spanning between two poles. As I got closer the odd thickness was revealed to be hundreds of small birds, each directly next to the other, wings touching, feet gripping the wire, apparently huddled close together for warmth. That's a sight I've never seen before (not birds on a wire, but birds seemingly becoming a wire).

While I'm on the subject of birds I feel I must mention the monstrous black birds at the landfill. They're enormous and I'm certain they run a brutally strict gang. I've never seen a small bird anywhere near the landfill. Every single week when I drive by there are a few giant black birds perched upon the huge electrical towers constructed at the landfills edge like vultures. I'm certain those fellows are on the look out for trespassers. The off duty beasts are free to roam the air and the ruble. They're huge, impressive birds whom I'm certain have an exhilarating story which none of us knows. (I have to wonder at the length of their life spans)

Yesterday as I was advancing North I suddenly entered a winter wonderland. Every bit of every article everywhere the eye could see was coated with brilliant thick snow. It was as if I'd driven into a Christmas card or a snow globe (but it wasn't snowing). One moment the world was cold and white and in the blink of an eye the world was magnificent and magical. I was blessed by the scene for the remainder of my journey. Every tree branch, tree trunk and twig was coated. Every remaining weed, cattail and fence post wore the same outfit. The sky was blue but a white bubble sat just beneath it. Snow is so amazing; simply frozen water, each tiny flake unique in all the world; it has the miraculous power to turn the whole world a new, transform every sight, grant purity and holiness when it's united.

Be Amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment