THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, June 4, 2010

Man my life is hard, Day 144

In less than a week I’ll be on my way to Guatemala. Guatemala where a volcano just recently erupted showering everything around it with tons of ash. The volcano eruption was followed by a devastating tropical storm which practically buried the country with water and mud. Homes have been literally washed off mountain sides all over the country. Roads were destroyed. Sink holes were created. There are thousands of homeless people right now throughout Guatemala. As if the poverty weren’t enough already; as if the tiny mud huts with dirt floors and thatched or scraps of tin for roofing were too much to ask for; we now go at a time when things have only gotten worse.


And here I am, all week, thinking, pondering, debating, what do I NEED to buy to bring to Guatemala? Honestly all week I’ve been thinking about getting tiny containers for my shampoo, conditioner, face wash, ect;. I’ve been contemplating whether or not I should purchase some boots; I mean if there’s going to be ton of mud everywhere… I’ve been wondering if I should buy snacks for the week, and if so which kinds and if I could maybe find coupons for said munchies. I’ve been trying to decide if my current sunscreen is too old. Do I need new sunscreen? Should I buy bug spray? Do I need a raincoat or will the poncho I have do? Is it even going to rain? Ooh, I might need a neck pillow for the plane? Man my life is hard. Imagine all the inconveniences I’ll face if I don’t bring all the right stuff.

Wow, there are THOUSANDS of poor people (literally poor people) with NOTHING right now. I can’t decide what “necessities” I should or shouldn’t buy… I’ve got it rough.

Everything is meaningless, says the Teacher, utterly meaningless! Everything under the sun is meaningless, like chasing the wind. All is meaningless, says the Teacher, utterly meaningless. Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is the duty of every person. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad.
Ecclesiastes 1: 2,14
Ecclesiastes12: 8,13,14

No comments:

Post a Comment