THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Torches Together, Day 147

And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so as to go by day and night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day or the pillar of fire by night from before the people. Ex 13:21-22
The Lord goes before me. All that He has planned He shall accomplish.

A fire goes before Him, and burns up His enemies round about.
Psalm 97:3
I don’t want to just be. I don’t want to shrink back from the flames. I don’t want to stand back afar and gaze upon the splendor of the Lord. I am sick of complaining about the heat. No longer do I wish to announce the discomfort from the flames as a work of the devil. The enemy doesn’t have access to the fire of the Lord. On the contrary he’s terrified of it.

So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
Rev 3:16
I am an instrument. The heart of this instrument longs for fire. I believe that if I draw near enough to God, near enough to the pillar of fire that goes before me then I shall become consumed like a phoenix. I shall become a torch to carry the fire, to spread the flame, to share the warmth.

[John the Baptist declared] One mightier than I is coming… He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. [Jesus told His followers] You shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you and you shall be my witnesses…
Luke 3:16, Acts 1:8
Jesus said, “Go.” He said, “You are the light of the world,” like a city set on a hill which cannot be hidden. Let us go together. Let us be torches together. In unity may we share the love, the compassion, and the fire of the Father with all who desire life.

You call on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD; and the God who answers by fire, He is God. So all the people answered and said, "It is well spoken." Then the fire of the LORD fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood and the stones and the dust, and it licked up the water that was in the trench. Now when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces; and they said, "The LORD, He is God! The LORD, He is God!"
1 Kings 18: 24,38, 39

No comments:

Post a Comment