THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Plan is not the same as A List, Day 141

I've decided that dicipline requires a plan of action.

I can say I want to lose 20 pounds but if I don't devise a plan it's probably not going to ever happen. I could say I want to go to California but if I don't figure out the details I most likely won't ever end up there.

So to answer my own question... the times when I am so strong are the times I'm dreaming a dream. In those moments I can see a beautiful picture of what I want and it's as if I could just reach out and take hold of it. The times of weakness that follow, instead of ruining me and erasing the picture, I believe, could more easily be overcome if a plan were in place.

I'm a visionary. I see things on a grand scale; always have, probably always will. I've never been much for recognizing all of the little steps it takes to get to the finish line. Today I say, "ah ha, I'm not gonna get there unless I start walking, time for the baby steps."

So now that I've realized I need to start baby stepping I just want to say that I'm sort of excited about it. This year I've been learning to enjoy each step I take. I've been learning to live in the moment. I've been learning to appreciate life, every little bit of it along the way. So this baby step, plan of action, defining dicipline thing might not be so bad after all.

But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
Habakkuk 2:3 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment