THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

We used to be best friends, Day 140

I dreamt that you were with me. I wanted desperately for us to be friends. I tried to keep you for just a tiny bit longer. But our friendship is impossible. We live in entirely different worlds. Even in my sad dream this was a harsh reality...

I wonder if losing someone in death might sometimes be easier than losing someone in life. And then I wonder if friendship should be a thing to be had. This could turn into several pages of rambling. But to know that someone is alive, that they're living, breathing, experiancing life; shouldn't this be a joyful bit a knowledge even if that someone is no longer apart of your life?

...And now I've become only a distant memory. This is an unsettling fact but my life goes on.

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
1 Corinthians 13:7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment