THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chocolate Covered Marshmallows, Day 56

Today was my day, the day to indulge, the day to lavish myself with enjoyment; today I was going to abandon all of my rules and regulations and just have fun. This morning I had birthday money that I told myself I could spend on anything. An entire day was laid before me, 24 hours to indulge myself with all of my favorite foods, no consequences and no restrictions.

Last night I dreamed of cinnamon rolls, bacon, cheese, and chocolate (you have to realize I’ve been eating quite conservatively for 6 months). This morning I imagined the new (stain free, hole free) clothing I might purchase. I was ready to splurge. But as the day went by, as I ate relatively close to usual, as I thought and pondered what I might use my birthday money for, I started to realize that I didn’t want to over eat. As good as the Easter candy looked, especially the chocolate covered marshmallows, it wasn’t really worth it. And despite the list of spectacular items that scrolled through my mind throughout the day there wasn’t anything I needed or desired badly enough to actually spend the money on even if it was my birthday.

All of this hard work and struggling may actually be paying off. I must say that this is going to be a really interesting year.

For this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
2 Pe 1:5-7

5. tea – te`
6. Tea cup – taza para te`

No comments:

Post a Comment