THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 41

We’ve received our tax refund and although it’s basically all spent I have this false sense of wealth. I barely struggled with purchasing items during the month of January. Now that we’ve all this money in the bank (even though it’s already on its way out) I am feeling overwhelmingly compelled to spend as much as possible. Other than some very necessary purchases of 2 new pair of pants for myself (as none of mine fit any longer) and a few socks for Jesse who sadly has been wearing holey socks for several months, I’ve yet to cave to this overwhelming passion to acquire anything and everything. I did just purchase $15 Salmon; we’ve been eating $2.99 chicken every nite for as longer as I can remember.

It’s making me crazy having to resist this futile urge to possess. I’ve thus far avoided a new shower curtain and shower mat, new socks for myself, valentines gifts for each child in my Sunday school class, Burts Bees lip balm (because it was on clearance and I felt I needed it even though I have two sticks right now), several different articles of clothing (because I’m getting really excited about my newly acquired state of health)… the list goes on. Most of these items were in my cart at one point it time and I set them aside before I made it to the check out. An entire month of steadfast resisting and now I’m melting like wax.

I think I can persevere but I hate the pressure!!!
I REALLY want to buy valentines gifts for the little ones : (
BE BE BE!!!

1 comment:

  1. The thought of your half attempt at a somersault makes me giggle, so I'm commenting yet again :) You are so very inventive and creative. Surely you have crayons, markers, paper, glue and scissors lying about. Make your kids something! And as for the shopping, I'm in the same boat as you. Except I folded on the socks....

    ReplyDelete