THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Am Thankful, Day 52

I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works.
Ps. 145:5

I’m thankful for the wonderful day I have just had. I’m thankful for a very peaceful pain free morning, a morning in which I accomplished a lot of cleaning/ purging, specifically from my kitchen. I’m thankful that no overwhelming feelings attacked me, but rather that I was able to peacefully calmly take care of the things I’ve been blessed with.

I’m thankful for my wonderful husband and the love he has for me, a love I can see within his green eyes. I adore his smile and laugh and I repent for taking both of these away from him too often. Although that brings me to my next place of gratitude, I am thankful that he and I exist together overlooking every flaw despite what emotions they might stir up when being executed. Marriage is an amazing bond unlike any other and I’m eternally gratefully for having found Jesse.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I love that the people who surround my life are people that my Heavenly Father has placed around me (this list includes furry children). I know that each individual is a blessing from Him. My Mom, my Dad, there is NO ONE else from the beginning of time until the end that could be who they are. These two ultra specific individuals who God chose are the only two people in all of history and the future who could be my parents. The same rings true for every person I’ve ever known. From my siblings to my bestest friends no one else could EVER fill any of these people’s shoes.

I’m thankful additionally for my (almost) 30 years of relationships, of learning and growing and becoming who I am today. Today was a remarkably wonderful day. Circumstances were incredible, not having to deal with sickness or pain or work, having gotten plenty of sleep, accomplishing tasks galore, and being showered with kindness by (almost) all of my loved ones. And I’m thankful that, I’m going to go with, over 200 years combined worth of stuff was just sorted through and disposed of with the much appreciated assistance of my dear friend Kelly!!! I can move around in the upstairs of my home now : ) I feel as though my existing today was entirely that of a being existence. I needed no thing for happiness or joy. I desired, craved nothing (except food). Life was good. Each moment was peaceful, enjoyable and nothing was required for it to be so. I can’t say I pushed through the muck and came out victorious however I can say I sure am thankful that there wasn’t any muck today.

And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying: "Blessing and honor and glory and power to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"
Rev. 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment