THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, February 11, 2010

AHHH!!!! (pulling hair), Day 43

Man has become a superman... But the superman with the superhuman power has not risen to the level of superhuman reason. To the degree to which his power grows he becomes more and more a poor man... It must shake up our conscience that we become all the more inhuman the more we grow into supermen.
-Albert Schweitzer (taken from "to have or to be?")

Sometimes, despite all of my attempting to seize the moment, attempting to “be,” sometimes I wish I had a little log cabin in some remote area where I could just escape from life. I would love to have a little garden that I could shop at instead of the grocery store. Maybe some chickens, maybe a cow. Even just the cabin to sit in and read, and sit, and sit, and then sit some more with no distractions or obligations.

Sometimes I think Thoreau was a genius. Sometimes I think maybe, just possibly we’ve all missed the point. Did God really intend for us to be THIS blessed? Honestly a little house on the prairie, without a microwave, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and 40 hour a week job with drive time, mandatory lunch breaks and the television to greet me when I get home sounds wonderful. I think we might have over evolved. I think we might just be idiots now, really super duperly accessorized idiots.

(Microsoft Word won’t let me add "duperly" to the dictionary... I could not resist sharing that)

No comments:

Post a Comment