THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 45

The present is the point where past and future join, a frontier station in time, but not different in quality from the two realms it connects. But that we respect time is one thing; that we submit to it is another. In the mode of being, we respect time, but we do not submit to it. In the being mode, time is dethroned; it is no longer the idol that rules our life.
-Erich Fromm
These excerpts excite me to the very fiber of my being. This is what I’m striving for. This is where I am trying to live. That time wouldn't be an obstacle, an enemy, a ruler, or a curse; that time would be a playground in which we live our lives and nothing more; that I might look to the past only to remember it but not to relive it or crave it; that I might look to the future only as a guide but not in hopes of escaping now; that I might live each moment because each moment is alive; this is being. I am letting go of having (attempting to) and trying to be.
Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore! Moreover, no man knows when his hour will come: as fish are caught in a cruel net or birds are taken in a snare, so men are trapped by evil times that fall unexpectedly upon them.
Ps. 113:2 and Ecc. 9:12

No comments:

Post a Comment