THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 137

Today was great, and not because I aquired anything new or accomplished a grand feat. Throughout the day I stopped to enjoy. I read my Bible out side this morning with the beautiful day unfolding all around me. I did accomplish quite a lot today but I enjoyed each task, I enjoyed the individual moments surrounding them. Being outside while I washed my car and pulled weeds in the front bed with the warm sun and bright blue sky was incredible. I'm not proud to have accomplished the tasks, I'm delighted to have lived those moments. Listening to incredible music while I washed dishes and straightened the house was invigorating. I'm not enjoying a sense of relief because there are clean dishes in my kitchen, my joy is from having lived life today. Washing the laundry and hanging it out to dry was revitalizing. I'm glad to have conserved energy, to have utilized the sun, and to have had that time in the great out doors with the soft grass poking between my toes. I enjoyed today. I lived today. I don't even recall having seen one cheetah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment