THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Psalm 50, Day 128

I’m pretty convinced that the devil is able to take anything good and twist it for his own purposes. I can rant and rave forever about greediness, selfishness, and having. I can try to reform myself and never make one more purchase. I can quote the rich young ruler scripture a million times, make it my life’s motto, and sell all that I have. But if I forget to be thankful for what God has given me then the devil has done his job well despite all of my trying to be good.

I read Psalm 50 this morning. God declares to those who have “made a covenant with me by sacrifice,” that He’s not going to rebuke them for their sacrifices (it’s good to give). BUT then God says, “I will not take a bull from your house, nor goats out of your folds. For every beast of the forest is Mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the mountains, and the wild beasts of the field are Mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell you; for the world is Mine, and all its fullness. Offer to God thanksgiving, and pay your vows to the Most High.” The Lord has provided us with all that we have. God doesn’t need our things. Yes they belong to Him but He doesn’t need them. He desires our thanks.

Shortly after these verses God addresses the wicked. "Now consider this, you who forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver: Whoever offers praise glorifies Me; and to him who orders his conduct aright I will show the salvation of God." God doesn’t need our things. He desires our thanks BUT we are still supposed to live rightly. It’s not a good thing to forget God.

The way I see it there are three types of people. (You can choose which one you want to be) There are those who get by taking. There are those who get by giving. And there are those who are thankful for what they have. I’ve been the first and the second however I desire to be the last.

Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples!
1 Corinthians 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment