THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It’s hot outside, Day 134

I am thoroughly enjoying the sudden burst of summer, from the blinding sunshine to the wall of heat that evokes instantaneous beads of sweat when one steps outdoors (at least out of air conditioned doors). Driving with widows rolled all the way down, the hot air rushes through the car and massages my skin. There are white fuzzies wafting through the newly tropical air like summer snowflakes. The grass along roadways and in fields is every shade of green, it’s grown quite long, and it sways in the heat like a crowd of comrades dancing. I’ve already received my first sunburn of the year (hopefully the last). Even while my dying fire red skin stings, burns, and itches I’m forced to smile at the constant reminder that summer is here and our winter coats may now be cast far away. The occasional pain joyfully speaks to me, “you’re very much alive!” The heat and the humidity which any normal person would find very uncomfortable are both soothing and exciting to me. I can clearly remember the bitter cold dark days of this winter past and the sudden summer and new found heat is very welcomed right now while I still hold those lingering icy cold memories. Welcome summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment