THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ice cream, Day 133

I WANT ICE CREAM NOW!!!!

I saw this little girl at meijer the other day. Well she wasn't so little. She was one of those really pudgy kids thats so pudgy they all kinda look alike. She was probably 3 years old but the size of a 5 year old. Her parents had her sitting in the cart (where the groceries usually go). She was holding onto the bars and SCREAMING "I wanna sucka," with a bit of a lisp, over and over and over again. Obviously everyone was looking at her but she wasn't fased one bit. She wanted a sucker.

Inside, no one can see, I feel just like that little girl a lot of the time. Some little person in me is holding on and screaming at the top of her lungs right at this very moment, "I WANT ICE CREAM!" I'm afraid that the only way to permenantly stop her from screaming is to NOT give her any icecream, to discipline her and teach her self respect and self control. I could just get some ice cream and quite the inside noise for a little while. But it would return sooner than later and I would just get pudgier and pudgier (pleasantly plump as my Grandpa McRae would say).

I don't want to be a pudgy little girl but I want ice cream : (

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment