THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stopping to smell the mint, Day 126

When I was a kid there was always mint growing behind our house. My mom told me that it was edible. I used to pick it and take little nibbles. It always smelled so wonderful but it certainly didn’t taste the way that it smelled. Still, I was ever intrigued by anything you could pull from the ground and eat. I always loved the mint behind our house.

Shortly after I moved into my own home a close friend of mine gave me a gift of mint that she’d planted from seeds and grown for me. I planted it behind the house just like my mom had when I was a kid. It’s grown and spread out over the years and I seldom notice it but I am extremely glad that it’s there.

The sun was warm and incredibly bright today. I think it may finally be spring. As I was hanging some laundry to dry I glanced over at the mint sprigs poking through the ivy that share it’s bed. I strolled over and picked a piece and smelled that wonderful aroma. I picked a handful and tied it to string and hung it in my kitchen where hopefully it will dry. Maybe I can make some tea from the backyard mint. How delightful.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Ps. 37:4

2 comments:

  1. I like that you added a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the greatest but I had to. I love that there's freshly picked mint hanging in the kitchen : )

    ReplyDelete