THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 89

I don't know that this has anything to do with anything but I just jogged over half a mile without stopping. I know no big deal. BUT for me it's a huge deal. I haven't been able to do that (without several weeks if not months working up to it) since I was in elementary school. I've always dreamed of being a runner. I'm not sure why but there's something inside of me that longs to run. I've felt like this since I was 14 or 15. However I've NEVER been in shape enough to realize this goal. For several years I've attempted to get in shape during the spring. This meant walking fast, jogging, walking, jogging, walking... you get it. I'd work up to a slow jog that I could painfully manage for a good period of time. Then summer would arrive and that would be the end of it.  Today I stepped outside, I started jogging and I kept doing so until I arrived back home. I'm sort of in a super happy shocked state at the moment. It's like a miracle, a dream come true, I feel like a new person.

No comments:

Post a Comment