THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, April 1, 2010

People, Day 87

As I was praying for the Guatemala trip coming this June I began to get really excited about the people I'll be experiencing the journey with. There are quite a lot of people I don't know going this year. They seem like really cool people. The people I do know are really cool people. I feel like each person on the team has their own unique gifts and talents and each person will contribute special qualities to make up our team. I'm excited about witnessing the differences and the uniqueness in everyone. I'm excited about working along side each of the people who are going.


Today I was thinking about how we view people. I believe that most people judge individuals based on accomplishments or the opposite, negative things they've done. We view people according to status, employments position, clothing types and style, what types of possessions they own, ect; I believe that God created every person with special talents, unique gifts, passions, and specific personalities. I don't think we take into account as often as we should WHO someone is when viewing them. We look at what they've done and what they have but we tend to overlook (it is more difficult to see) who the person actually is.

I love seeing people, recognizing the good in them, their special unique traits; I love trying to look for that child of God, the individual He sees when He looks at us. It makes everyone beautiful when you try and see what God sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment