THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lazy, Day 90

I jogged a mile this morning : )

I've been getting lazy lately. I purchased a baby shower gift when I could have made something had I put more effort into it. I bought Jesse a movie for Easter when I could have very easily NOT. I've been slacking for sure. I need to get back to purging, to sticking to a tight budget and I need to sell some things around here. I'm up to 9 (thing) purchases now.

I've been increasinly more convicted lately that there are food purchases that I should abstain from during this learning TO BE process. Things like cafe hot cocoas, teas, anything starbucks; these things I do NOT need. They're "having" "consuming" items for sure. I'm scared to let them go though. We all have such routines, such regular desires and particular things which comfort and bring joy. I've gradually been realizing that these things aren't necessary. These things are conditioned luxuries that we've grown to believe we need. I need nothing more than breath, basic food, water, and God.

Additionally I need to read a bit more. I need to work a bit more on using my creative talents. I think laziness is a curse. It's something that just sticks to you and is so hard to shake. The worse thing is, at least for now, I think it's something I need to shake daily. It's not like I can just tell it to leave and then it's gone. It comes back every morning and then a few different times a day.

Yucky laziness leave me alone. OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment