THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Talking about being, Day 106

I meant to do this earlier but it slipped my mind. I am going to focus for the next week (at least) on how I talk. I'm not referring to positive speaking. I’m not talking about complimenting others or being friendly. I am going to spend a week paying attention to how I speak concerning “having” and “being.” Every time I say “MY,” I will be speaking from a “having” existence. Every time I use the word “HAVE,” I will be speaking from a “having” existence. The first time I thought about this little exercise I realized that it would be quite difficult to speak apart from a “having” existence. You’d be surprised how many times in a single sentence we “have” something or something belongs to us. This is why I’ve put this off for so long. I’m not going to try and change the way I talk but I am going to think about it and work on it for one week. Here goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment