THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, April 11, 2010

What’s in that big box, Day 97

I know that God will meet all of my needs according to His riches and glory but it’s beyond fascinating just resting in faith while not being able to see His plans. I thoroughly enjoy waiting on the Lord to provide because in those situations it’s not about me. It’s not about how hard I’ve worked. It’s not about how successful I’ve been. It’s not about my striving and toiling and effort. It’s one hundred percent about God’s faithfulness, about His plan, and His love for me. It’s almost like Christmas because you know there’s a gift in that big box but you haven’t a clue what it is, or how big it is, or how little it is, but just that it is.

This morning there was a $600 deadline for my upcoming trip to Guatemala. I don’t have $600 and I had only collected $75. I went to church praying that God would provide even though I knew it was a stretch. Someone at church let me know that she’ll be giving me money next week. I was immensely blessed by that even though I still wouldn’t meet the deadline. I went to the meeting with my $75 and even though it wasn’t a problem (my missing the deadline) I felt a little down, like maybe I’d done something wrong to not have collected the full $600. Kind of like when a kid opens the big box and the gift inside isn’t that great. Sometimes the kid wonders that if maybe she had been better then maybe the gift would have been better. It was only a tiny feeling poking around somewhere in my heart but it was there none the less.

My sister messaged me this afternoon to let me know that our grandpa (who was the supplier of the $75) had sent our support letter to everyone he knows. I feel like that tiny poking feeling from this morning has transformed into a fire ball of hope, gratitude, appreciation, and thankfulness (I realize that’s all the same word but I felt it necessary). I know that God will meet all of my needs according to His riches and glory and it is beyond fascinating just resting in faith and watching His plans unfold before me.

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?”
Matthew 6: 27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment