THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Monday, August 2, 2010

Being There, Day 192

I worked 10 hours today. I was a team leader all day even though I've spent the past 6 years working alone.

Working with 3 other people, trying to give them direction and attempting to accomplish as much as efficiently as possible during every minute of those 10 hours was mind numbing. I can honestly say that despite the tremendous amount of work I did today, I didn't accomplish one bit of productive thinking. I didn't think about life. I didn't think about God. I didn't take anytime to stop and smell the roses or read a book. I didn't notice what color the sky was or how many clouds were floating within it. I just worked.

This has happened before but today while I refelected for a moment or two on what life must be like for a truly "successful" person I felt sad for all those who've found success. I couldn't imagine my job being my life. I couldn't imagine having to come home and continue working... a lot of people have jobs like that; jobs that occupy ever fiber of their being. Those people are wealthy, successful, and they've made it in life; they're there. BUT do the bugs chirp there? Are there any wild flowers there? Does the snow sparkle? Do cardinals watch as you hang your clean sheets outside to dry? Does grass feel wonderful between your toes when you're there? Maybe, but I can't hardly believe it to be so.

I think I'll just live here.

The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low and He saved me. Return to your rest O my soul For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. Ps. 116:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment