THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Each day has a new Sunrise, Day 206

This morning was awful. I was finally able to peel myself from beneath my covers about 15 minutes before I needed to be (30 minutes away) at work. I could barely open my eyes. I was tired beyond belief. I’ve been having weird dreams lately and I think they’re sort of day dream half awake type dreams because I’ve been waking up exhausted. It’s been taking me every bit of will power I have to sit up and accept the new day. I could see a lot of caffeine in my near future. I got dressed, made tea, and was out the door. This left about 10 things I’d hoped to accomplish before work in the dust. Horribly enough at one point in-between clothing myself and making tea I wondered if it was ground hogs day. I felt like I was minute by minute reliving yesterday’s morning. It wasn’t one of those intriguing déjàvu moments where every little second is familiar. I just felt like I was repeating Monday all over again.


I left the house half awake with zero excitement about the un-new day. While walking to the car I noticed a brilliant orange blazing along the edges of the clouds overhead. The sky was filled with deep purples, yellows, incredible fire oranges amongst deep dark blue clouds with brilliantly illuminated white bits. The beautiful blue behind the large fluffy painted vapors practically made declaration of this day’s glorious newness.

The day didn’t turn out to be anything spectacular. I was incredibly tired for much of its entirety but this was a new day, unlike any other. And I’ve a spectacular morning’s sunrise to thank for reminding of such a simple fact.

(I love it when I confuse spell check, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment