THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, August 27, 2010

Four Priorities? Day 215

I have been contemplating for possibly weeks whether or not I should add a fourth priority to my list. It doesn’t seem like that big of a decision but I feel like it’s huge. I already spend A LOT of time and energy thinking about making the most of my marriage (priority number 1) and getting out of debt, not spending money, being wise about spending money, money, money, money (priority number 2). Priority number three (maintaining my home) has been slow going yet quite rewarding and additionally takes up a lot of my time, thoughts, and energy.

With just these three areas of focus I tend to feel overwhelmingly shameful when I neglect things. Also, I have been using my laid out priorities to gage importance, scheduling, time management. I am glad I laid these out because in doing so it’s solidified somewhere in my mind that I need to set precedence for these things. I’m actually getting somewhere.

Now I return to the question of a fourth priority. Creating things is a big part of who I am BUT I tend to neglect that part of me. I vastly enjoy drawing, sewing, little crafting projects that I dream up during day dream time (at work), writing, photography, the list goes on… ooh, music; I enjoy art. But again it’s always taken a back burner and I don’t create much if anything at all for months at a time.

Should I add a fourth priority? Or should I tackle my massive mess of a home before I bite off even more that I cannot chew? I don’t want to neglect the things I’m trying to focus on right now by adding something else. I also don’t want to neglect art forever. I don’t believe that it belongs on the back burner where I keep it. (I NEVER use the back burners on my stove) I need help. I over analyze EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

  1. My focus lately has been on being faithful to what God has given me, God has given you an amazing talent with which to express your love for Him, i say its an important part of you not to be neglected, don't lose any of your previously established prorities to do it but pray about it, for time or direction or whatever and see what God thinks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should add the fourth priority for these reasons:
    1. The picture you drew of Annabelle is adorable.
    2. The girls LOVE their penguins that you made them.
    3. I love the family pictures you did for us.
    4. I was hoping you would do pictures of us this fall.

    Maybe you could have it be a half priority. Maybe schedule time to work on it a couple times a week or whatever would work.

    p.s. I only use the back burners on my stove.

    ReplyDelete