THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

All the talent I own, Day 193

Today was yesterday all over again. Unfortunately leading a furniture build team for 10 hours is apparently too much for me to handle. I dreamt about furniture building, or all the possible problems that could arise from trying to build furniture, all night last night. Or else I just wasn't sleeping and my mind was acting crazy thinking about furniture all night. I feel like I didn’t get any sleep. Furniture nightmares, what a concept.

This has happened a few times before. The first occasion was after I waitressed at Freedom Village for a grand opening ceremony. I had to serve mini quiches for hours and hours. I dreamt about little quiches all night after that. I woke up sick to my stomach and felt like I didn’t sleep at all. (I do still love quiche)

I’m continually amazed at how easily I get stressed. I’m starting to think that the people who are naturally dreamers weren’t given the tools required to build dreams. (I am not talking about amazing furniture here) I can barely handle mundane tasks and yet I want to take on the world. I imagine that’s where God comes in. If an individual is utterly incapable of accomplishing a thing BUT they make it to the other end of the impossible because God brought them to it… well Glory to God.

It’s like one of my favorite song lyrics, “My ideas, they outweigh all the talent I own.” Initially this line was depressing to me. Then I realized that God gives us our dreams, our visions, our passions, our desires, our ideas (essentially). And it’s neat how he always shows us stuff that’s so far beyond us because He is capable of bringing us there, despite the lack of talent we own.

I may tend to crack under pressure but God’s standing by me.

Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matt 19:26
And now I will listen to Starflyer 59, My Island

No comments:

Post a Comment