THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Autumn…almost, Day 207

There was a chill in the air tonight. Cozy sweaters, glistening chilly morning dew and forests filled with brightly colored autumn leaves… ahh, I can picture it all. fall is rapidly approaching. With my favorite time of year only weeks away I’m struggling to suppress an eagerness for its arrival.

I find a childish giddiness when thinking upon that first slice of hot pumpkin pie with whipped cream slowing melting on top. I can almost feel the soothing warmth as I anticipate this year’s first cup of steaming apple cider. But summer is not over just yet and I refuse to prematurely dismiss it. Despite the smog like humidity and sweltering heat that’s been assaulting us Michiganders for far too long I feel a need to make the most of what remains of this bright steamy season.

At least one stroll down the Grand Haven pier is in order with Lake Michigan as far as the eye can see on either side of me. I intend to put on my light blue shorts and stripe-ity tank (2 of this year’s 34 purchases) and walk barefoot through the hot sand as the sun beats down warm upon my exposed skin. I shall listen to the seagulls talking and the waves rushing over the sand as I inhale the uniquely distinct aroma of sunscreen, tobacco, lake water, fresh air, and fishiness swirled into one authentic fragrance by Mother Nature giving us all the smell of the beach. I must take advantage of the warmth at least once more in my backyard with a lawn chair and a book. I suppose at least one more frozen hot chocolate is in order before real hot chocolate finds its way back into my life. And one additional summertime BBQ sounds delightful.

Summer isn’t quite over yet. I will not let the negative overtake the good things. Each day is new and special and has a world of wonder to offer.

If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O LORD, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. Psalm 94:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment