THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Coffee Close Call, Day 85

I haven't had any coffee for 58 days. I regularly crave it. I crave the moment. I crave HAVING coffee. I'll feel down, or stressed, or just bored and then I'll imagine how much better coffee would make things. A steaming brown cup with a little bit of sugar and a delicious creamer... ahhh, peace and calm and comfort.
At one point today I was thinking how not awful it would be if I just had one cup. It was just a thought, a day dream, nothing more. I ordered a small nonfat white chocolate hot chocolate for almuerzo today. While walking to my car I took a sip, it was DELICIOUS. Once I arrived at my vehicle I took a second sip and I realized there was an all too familiar extra flavor in my cup. I removed the lid to discover that my WHITE chocolate hot chocolate was brown. It was most definitely a white mocha and honestly one of my all time favorite drinks. I sat in my car holding the beverage just looking at it. I had two choices. I could just drink the mistake. It wasn’t my fault. I had ordered a hot cocoa. OR I could take it back, get the correct drink, and throw out a delicious cup of coffee. Despite the waste and the extra walk back to the store during my lunch break I took it back. I didn’t even take another sip.
They replaced my coffee with a small hot white chocolate and they gave me a free drink coupon and I’m very proud of myself.

But remember that the temptations that come into your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep the temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it.
1 Corinthians 10:13

31. Venda- bandage
32. Herir - Hurt
33. Dolor - Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment