THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Taking care of the gift, Day 69

Simple thought for the day:

I've heard people complain about LOVE being described as a selfless act of giving. Some think that love should require love. But if love requires love then it's not really an act of giving at all. If you're loving in order that you might be loved then you're really just engaged in a manipulative form of taking. The question is, if I'm just giving of myself, giving, giving, giving, and getting nothing back then is that something I really want to be apart of?

What crossed my mind today was that inorder to LOVE, give of oneself, fullfill others needs, give, give, give, you kind of have to be full first. I mean you have to have something to give. You can't meet a need if you're not equiped to meet it. You can't give of yourself if there's nothing good in you (people sure don't want the bad stuff). So loving really is a selfless act of giving BUT inorder to love you have to take care of yourself, love yourself first, get filled up with all the goodies that you want to share with everyone else. I think it's neat how that works. You can't neglect the gift if you want the recipient to enjoy it!

We love because HE first loved us!

No comments:

Post a Comment