THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Maybe people aren't so bad, Day 68

Today was SO weird. I actually liked people.

I've been really focusing on honoring people (the big fishes and the little fishes). I've slowly been realizing that pride causes it's owner to fret about how he or she looks in everyone else's eyes. Its not easy to step out on a limb and talk to people if you're worried that you're going to say something stupid or look like of fool. Pride sets you up, higher than you actually are, and while standing tippy toe on top of your pedestal it's really really easy to fall off. What I've been calling timidty for a few decades I think is actually something much uglier.

I guess what I'm saying is that I've decided to step down (and ideally I won't be climbing back up). I'd actually rather look up to people. Instead of always looking at how someone isn't the same as me (I know I'm making myself out to sound like a real jerk but everyone has things about them that suck) I'm starting to see how all people are really special just like me. I'm really special because God made me and He loves me and I couldn't ask for anything more than that.

Today I forced myself to not look at the floor everytime I said hello to someone. I always look at the floor after I say hello. Additionally I was really excited at my challenge and I tried to say hello to everyone I saw. I love saying hi to the older people that shop at Meijer. The majority of them have beautiful warm smiles to offer and just saying good-morning to one of them brightens my day. It was facinating. I was excited about looking at people, about talking to people, and I was trying to interact with people. EVERYONE was interesting to me. EVERYONE seemed special and unique. Usually most people just annoy me. I felt like a totally different person. I liked the person I was today (I do like me but the new and improved me was even better).  I'm a little worried that today was a fluke. It seemed to good to be true. I'll try it again tomorrow and see what happens but I'm happy with how today progressed.

January was pretty awesome. February SUCKED (except that I had a pretty great birthday). March is turning out to be spectacular! And there's still two and a half months till June (which is going to be... I don't think there's a word for June's greatness).

17. (you) Keep -Guarde
18. Change - Vuelto
- Guarde el vuelto (keep the change)
19. Question - Pregunta
- Tengo una pregunta (I have a question)

No comments:

Post a Comment