THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Blue Mug, Day 80

I don’t remember thinking today. But there was one moment. I poured some milk into a mug, heated it in the microwave for two minutes, and then added one heaping spoon of cocoa, two packs of splenda and a dash of cinnamon. This particular mug is generally purple but beneath just the right light it’s a brilliant shade of blue. It’s almost always impossible to see through except when it’s blue. Then it’s transparent. There are 8 little ridges on its inside which create a slight octagon within the round vessel. As steam rose from the delightful brown beverage filled with lumps of cocoa and covered with patches of brick red powder I dipped in a spoon and began stirring. I was ready to begin drinking the delicious hot cocoa but as the spoon tinked against the 8 little ridges it created a beautifully simplistic musical sound. My ears smiled inside. I looked to the purple mug which shone blue as the light passed through it. The cocoa came together as the milk steamed and the musical spoon swirled the concoction. Today was incredibly unremarkable but in this one brief moment I came alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment