THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Grouching and Grumbling, Day 84

I have got to stop complaining. Lately I keep hearing grumpy grumbly words proceeding from my mouth and as I am speaking them something is telling me that I need to shut up. Every time I start grouching about my job I hear that little voice telling me that God is taking care of me, that He is taking care of everything. Every time I start complaining about money I hear that little voice telling me that God is taking care of me, that He is taking care of everything. Every time I start whining about the day I hear… well I think you get it. My prayer today is that God would shut me up long enough to think about the words I am going to unleash upon this world before I unleash them.


In Sunday school this week I noticed that the three year olds were really grumbly. “This song is too long… I’m tired… I don’t want to do this… She’s not sharing, WAAA!!!” Three year olds definitely have their moments but all of their complaining really stood out to me this week. What does a three year old really have to complain about? They get to play and eat and play and eat and play and eat. Life should be fun all the time for them. For some reason all of us even the little ones lose sight of the good things, we lose sight of how great we really have it and of how blessed we really are and we lock our focus on each tiny fleeting thing that looks uncomfortable or annoying. We make that ugly thing so much bigger and so much more important than it is and all the great things lose their ground.

No more complaining!

We should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
1 Corinthians 10: 6, 9-10

27. Desayuno – breakfast
28. Almuerzo – lunch
29. Cena – Dinner
30. Postre - Dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment