THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Snow on the first day of spring, Day 77

Over a week of warm, almost daily 60 degree weather has been wonderful after such a long cold snowy winter. I think that the snow in Michigan is beautiful. Freshly fallen, thick and deep, and brilliantly white it makes everything look clean and new. However I was delighted when it finally started to melt. Once every flake was gone and the ground was thawed; once I could see dry grass that was beggining to turn green again; once I noticed the tulips pushing through the ground and the buds on the trees; once I smelt the fresh warm air of spring I felt revived and ready for the next chapter in the cycle of seasons.

Today was the first day of spring. At 8:30 this morning I opened my front door and saw a white snow covered world before me. I was shocked. Then I remembered that I live in Michigan. It snows here in March. March came in like a lamb and it must go out like a lion. There's no use fighting it. There's no use complaining about it or crying and cussing out the beautiful white snow which soon will be gone for many many months to come. I've decided that this first day of spring's snowy arrival is wonderful. The snow won't stay long. Spring is close at hand. Life is beggining to bloom once again. Today's snow is just a subtle reminder of how thankful we should be for the newness that is just beggining again.

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment