THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Considering my purchases, Day 160

I just updated my 2010 purchases blog list. I haven't updated for awhile becuase it was broken and I needed to just redo it and I didn't feel like taking the time. But now it's updated and I'm amazed at how little I've bought and yet how many things on the list I don't even utilize.

14 of the 30 items were for myself.
On Februry 27 I bought some stretchy pants that weren't anything how I hoped they'd be and in 5 months I've worn them twice.
On March 9th I bought weatherstripping that was on clearance for about $1 to cover my front window. The window has lead all over it and my cat sits right next to it. We've yet to install it because we're lazy and don't have a hair dryer.
I haven't ever worn the shorts I bought in April because matter of factly my legs are too white and it's a bit embarassing. (I haven't actually worn real shorts since probably elementary school)
The headbands and hair clips I bought in April aren't anything like I hoped they'd be. I am ALWAYS disappointed with hair stuff. So I've only used one of the head bands a few times.

13 of the 30 items were gifts for someone.
I am glad to have bought each of the gifts on this list but this just shows me that I need to be more creative with my gifting. Ideally I had planned to make gifts or at least come up with really creative non-THING type presents for people throughout this year. I believe that more often then not I could have made or creatively gifted something but I waited until there wasn't enough time or I was just too lazy to accomplish this task. And there's another lesson learned.

My list is quite disappointing. I guess I need even less than I think I do. I'm also finding out that treating myself to someTHING usually backfires. AND I can truthfully say that I cannot think of one thing I've refrained from buying that I wish I had gotten. Looks like I'm going to have to try harder to avoid buying those SALE items that would be so nice to HAVE and I'm going to have to constantly remind myself that if I don't NEED it then chances are I'm not going to use it. I am definatley learning from this little experiment.

ALSO, I haven't even once missed anything I've purged from my home thus far. I am extremely behind in that area though.

Beware that you do not forget the LORD your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, lest--when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; Deuteronomy 8:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment