THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Monday, July 19, 2010

I went to the Library (finally), Day 180

I picked up three books and I’m so excited to be reading again. Actually I started reading through “To have or to be,” again. I'm about a third done with my third read.

Additionally I checked out a book about Irish history that, honestly I’ve already read. But I really enjoyed reading it the first time and I don’t remember facts very well so I think it will be beneficial to read it again. I know I’ll enjoy a second read of it. I also picked up a book about democracy. That should be interesting… I know I have an odd taste in books.

The third book I checked out was about Plato’s “Republic.” It looked pretty interesting. I read about a third way through it and then I made the sad but necessary decision to stop reading that one. Honestly I don’t understand most of the subject matter. The vocabulary is way to advanced for me. The little bits of thought provoking content I was able to pick up on really weren’t enough for me to waste my time on reading something so far above my current educational level. I hate to admit it and I hate even more to have read a third way through a book only to have quit, but it had to be so.


Just an update : )

Time to read, Day 174

No comments:

Post a Comment