THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, October 24, 2010

MY path, Day 275

I keep thinking about impatience. We do not live in a being oriented society. Thems the facts. We’re very having oriented. When it comes to impatience the fact of the matter is that we all have goals. We all have convictions. We don’t live life for the experience, for the process; we don’t go throughout out our days embracing each new opportunity while eagerly embarking upon the path that naturally unfolds before us. We chose our paths. We make our own opportunities. In this society paths and opportunities don’t just exists for us to benefit from, we claim them, we have them, they are objects for our advancement. We need to operate and perform in very specific ways to meet our goals and obtain our trophies.

As small children we’re instructed upon the correct ways. We’re taught how to be in order to have. If you’re disciplined you’ll become successful. If you’re polite you’ll conquer life. If you’re structured you’ll prosper in all the important things. Everyone has convictions. They’re ingrained in us. Some people are super convicted to get a great education and become someone. People who are abused are usually convicted to hurt others. Subconsciously people believe that hurting others prevents others from hurting you. Murders are convicted to murder and philanthropists and convicted to philander. The point I’m trying to make is that we all do what we do for a reason. Whether it be a truly well thought out plan we’re unfolding or deep lying convictions that we in no way shape or form understand but that exist just as much as we exist ourselves, we are driven.

The last time someone flew by me on the highway instead of grimacing and thinking to myself, “what a moron,” I told myself that that individual has a goal and speeding is helping him or her to meet that goal. I’m not trying to justify my impatience (I’m horrible) but I am trying to stop getting so frustrated with others. The above two paragraphs is the reasoning I devised for others to be allowed impatience and rudeness and stupidity. EVERYONE is doing what they feel needs to be done in order to get to where they’re going. Even people who use drugs are trying to get somewhere. They’re trying to get away from themselves, away from their pain, away from their failures, ect;.

I was thinking along these lines for a long time just pondering and pondering and thinking about all the reasons idiots do what they do and be it as stupid and convoluted as they may be there are reasons for why we do what we do. Once you are able to realize and understand that that moron is operating for what he feels to be a very good reason (generally subconsciously) it’s a little bit easier to let go of your own anger and frustration.
 
I started thinking about Jesus. God used to get REALLY mad at the Israelites in the Old Testament. And they had to do a lot of crap to try and make up for their stupidity. But then God sent His Son to earth to walk in our footsteps. Jesus came here and God was able to be one of us. The guy who looked down upon us and couldn’t understand why we were such imbeciles became one of us and was fully able to understand why. I think Jesus took our sins upon himself because He was perfect and because He was God’s Son and because God asked him to and because He loved us but also because He understood why we sinned. I think it’s a lot easier to pass judgment upon someone when you’re unable to fit into their shoes. It’s a lot harder to judge a person whose shoes fits. We are all driven. We all do what we do for a reason. Not noticing, acknowledging, or caring about the other people crowding your path is actually a pretty normal occurrence in these fast paced futile lives we’re living. Noticing those other people means realizing they have a path as well and most likely you’re standing in it.

1 comment:

  1. That first paragraph has been on my mind all week, it gave me some much needed perspective on my life (I kind of wrote about it in my blog tonight) and I wanted to thank you for writing

    ReplyDelete