THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rambling sort of, Day 274

I gazed upon a rainbow today for at least 30 minutes. I wished, the entire time so very VERY adamantly that I would have had my camera with me so that I could have captured that rainbow. I was driving to Ludington and the trees were gorgeously colored, the sky was full of awesome clouds and this magnificent rainbow went from being the widest base of a rainbow I've ever seen to a full incredibly prominent glorious arch that took my breath away. It filled the sky and bowed over the fall forests. It was awesome. I wanted to pull over and just stare at it until it dissolved. That was thee moment of enjoying life today but I resent the overwhelming feelings of needing to capture it that I had the entire time I looked upon it's beauty, and even now.

This morning was really beautiful too though, all morning from bright moonlit starry sky to sunrising amongst the deep blue rimmed clouds. There are a few spots along the highway on my way to work that I wish were mine. I drive past them and lament my journey to work. I wish I were living in that exact spot, that I were able to wake up, step outside of my home and be there. It's a VERY having oriented desire. I want those beautiful places to belong to me so that I can enjoy them everyday. The silly thing is that I don't take full advantage of where I already am and if I existed in one of those grand locations I probably wouldn't step out doors and exist within the beauty very much more often then I do now. (that's not very well explained... sorry)

Here's the thing. I've woken up way before the sun (since the days are getting much shorter) for awhile now. Each morning I accompany my dogs outside and I marvel at the sky overhead. A strong desire to pull out my camping chair and just sit gazing overcomes me every morning. BUT I just look up and long for more. Then I step back inside with my little ones and go on with MY life. Why can't my life involve doing something I'm really truly passionate about, like gazing upon the incredible starry sky that's been greeting me each morning as of late? We're WAY too rushed. I find it's incredibly difficult to BE when we're always thinking about going.

No comments:

Post a Comment