THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mass Destruction of all Ladders, Day 24

Because you do not need a ladder to get to God.

I am still really excited about yesterday’s post (which I think I posted this morning). I started this quest in search of freedom and yesterday I consumed a deliciously scrumptious cake of it. I’ve always thought that if I prayed just enough, if I had just the right words, if I read the Bible as often as I should, if I knew more scriptures; I’ve been trying to be righteous all of my life. But I can’t make me righteous. I AM RIGHTEOUS because of Jesus!

My constant striving to find a tall enough ladder, one that just might make it to righteousness, was no better than the fools who constructed the tower of Babel. I get that now. I think I really get it. God created me to LOVE and I was created so that He might Love me too. Throw all the ladders away, trying to give enough money to the church, trying to watch the right movies, trying to always say the right words; my hands aren’t right-eous. My ways aren’t God’s ways. Love. Love. Love. (If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing) That’s it!

It’s not that I was doing anything wrong before. But I was doing everything with the wrong heart. I was striving to earn God’s love. I realize now, my entire life I’ve been trying to save myself. Only, Jesus saved me about 2000 years ago. There is so much freedom in that. Yummy!

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the GIFT of God…
Eph 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment