THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

There’s music in the hills, Day 31

Lately I’ve been utterly enraptured by the verse from Isaiah that I posted to my Day 23 blog. Concerning the word of the Lord being sent forth God says, “The mountains and the hills shall break forth into singing before you, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”

Before anything else, I’m delighted at the way God, my heavenly Father, the creator of everything; I’m overcome by His description of the hills singing and the trees clapping their hands. I think this picture is beautiful and I don’t know about you but I don’t usually view God as the kind of guy that would find felicity in singing hills and clapping trees. But He is and that makes my heart leap with joy and fills me entirely with warmth.

Additionally, the description in itself of creation rejoicing, singing and dancing, sending forth praises even is awesome. I was looking at the trees and all the tiny hills as I drove around today. They caused me to smile giddily over and over again. I started to wonder if they’re singing and clapping most of the time and I just haven’t noticed. I thought of the birds singing their heavenly songs in the mountains; the leaves fluttering against each other in the wind. I imagine creation rejoices most often at the majesty of its creator. We’re the ones who forget to honor Him. Today was a splendid day, watching the trees trying to clap their hands without any leaves and listening for the songs of the hills. Today was splendid.

I am led to believe that if I took a bit more time to stop and listen, if I opened my eyes to it, I’d be witness to a grand celebration all around me.

The whole multitude began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice… saying: "blessed is the King who comes in the name of the LORD! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples." But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out."
Luke 19:37-40

No comments:

Post a Comment