THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Aletheia, Day 27

For Him [Aristotle] the highest form of activity- even above political activity- is the contemplative life, devoted to the search for truth.
-Erich Fromm

I wonder how many people actually care about truth. How many people desire it, crave it? I think a lot of people are just looking for a fix, something to make them feel good, or to massage their egos. I think a lot of people do not want to know the truth. Truth is absolute. I believe this. There is only one truth. It wouldn’t be truth if there were differences to it. However I think a million lifetimes wouldn’t be enough to discover it all.

I love that the great thinkers spent their lives in search of truth. This may seem contradictory but I don’t know that I'm so impressed by what they came to find, but the process in which they journeyed to it. The contemplative life… I love this. A life lived searching for, pondering, studying, discovering, and dissecting truth.

I’ve begun journeying down this path. I’ve yet many MANY things to let go of in order to journey as far upon it as I wish. It seems sacrifice is essential to finding who you really are. But thus far the journey has been magnificent. I’ve been reading, reflecting, praying, reading, thinking, praying, ect; and I feel more alive and increased this past month than ever before. The air is fresher. The sun is brighter. Life is enormous, splendid, and beautiful. I’m finding that what I’ve been craving is not so much things to be had or consumed but rather thought; I crave truth, revelation, and most of all to be with my creator.

I am look forward to life.

"But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.”
John 15:26

No comments:

Post a Comment