THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 21

So often I war with time as if it were my enemy. I try to conquer it, capture it, and lock it away. I get so anxious for future bits of time that I waste the little I have. The moments in time that are grand, spectacular, and utterly filled to the brim with perfection, I attempt to have those moments; to hold onto that time. We’re continually at battle. And yet time isn’t something to be fought with. I cannot stop it. I cannot have it. And it is not concerned one bit with my toiling. I can strive and struggle and pour my every drop of sweat into this war and I will ALWAYS end up having lost what I was fighting for. The Bible say to be anxious for nothing. Erich Fromm says that only when one does not live for the past or the future but lives in each moment does time then cease to exist. To live in each moment, for each one is exactly alike… Lord please teach me how.

No comments:

Post a Comment