THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 299

It's really cold outside and windy and cloudy and I'm really grouchy. I want to enjoy right now and notice all the wonders abounding but I just received the newsletter from Manos De Jesus in Guatemala and I SOOOO wish I was there with the hot sun warming my hair and the wonderful dust coating my skin. The first orphan home at Monte Flor is almost done. The shoe factory is in full swing. The feeding program at Paqixic is opened and running. They've been distributing water filtration units to families near xepocol. All these places and the people who inhabit them are so very dear to my heart. I've genuinely fallen so in love with them and the place they call home and I can think of nothing more wonderful than to be there right now. What am I doing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment