THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

HORRIBLE, Day 297

Have you ever had one of those days? You know, the ones where you wake up much later than planned, approximately 45 minutes later. Your head aches, stomach hurts, nose STILL full of snot, and your mind's rapidly eliminating morning chores from the premature list now impossible. On this morning you by pass the shower, eat really old cereal for lack of cupboard inhabitants, and quickly scavenge for returnable bottles because the one dime you found on the bedroom floor isn't going to afford you a very appetizing lunch. This was the start to my day. It continued with my having to load my vehicle with extremely heavy boxes. While doing so I came to the realization that some of the essential ones were missing. I then began my trek to work with a 20 minute detour to re-commender the missing boxes (that were in the back of my husbands van at his place of employment).

For some reason maybe it's a national holiday that I'm unaware of everyone I was forced to drive behind insisted upon advancing at the slowest pace possible. One guy thought that driving 20 mph through all of Grand Haven made for a nice morning trek. I literally screamed at at least 3 cars today. It get "better." After I got to work I found out about a new project which required yet another box not in my immediate possession. I then had to use all of my break time for the whole day and then some to drive from Grand Rapids to Grand Haven and back again. I can't help but be furious about all the gas I wasted during that lovely venture.

Early on this morning as I started out towards Grand Rapids I said to myself through a tremendous amount of frustration and tension, "today is going to suck!" Instantly rebukingly I thought, "no, it doesn't have to. I can just let it go now. I can start over right now." I turned on a Neon Horse CD, blasted the volume and drove into the pink nectarine sunrise. Looking at the bright side I got to see Jesse two extra times today, which in itself is a silly thing to get excited about since I live with him and see him all the time but those two times helped brighten this day. Throughout the day I was trying really hard to get past the suckiness and I can honestly say I enjoyed people more today than usual. I had a lot of really pleasant conversations with a lot of really great people. I was able to spend ATON of time listening to the Neon Horse CD's. That in itself was awesome and I listened to them VERY loudly... it was good. At present I'm enjoying being in my wonderful home. After a nice hot shower I'm clean and PJ'd up. There was an overwhelmingly large amount of badness today but I didn't let it win.

No comments:

Post a Comment