THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Monday, November 8, 2010

Loveliness (what a magnificent word), Day 288

The word Grace is found 39 times in the old testament and 120 times in the much shorter new testament.
For the law was given through Moses, but grace (that which affords joy, pleasure, delight,
sweetness, charm, loveliness) and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17
The Word says that if you follow the commands of Christ then you love Him. My heart aches at that passage because I find it impossible to follow the commands of Christ fully. Anytime I try I shall fall short. But the Word also says that there is no good in us and that grace (that which affords joy, pleasure, delight,
sweetness, charm and loveliness) came through Christ. In other words don't beat yourself up. That's condemnation and there is NO condemnation in Christ Jesus (also in the Word).
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. Rom 7:18
It's ok. God made a way so that I might be me today (and still loved by Jesus). Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice and for your Love!!! Today is a good day, the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it and I will find that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm and loveliness in my Savior Christ Jesus.
"Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people."And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Then he said to Him, "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth." So the LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name." Ex 33:13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment