THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

the odd things that happen after I pray, Day 290

Yesterday I spent some time with the Lord before work. It was pleasant and uplifting. I walked into work repeating silently to myself, “I am a daughter of the King of Kings. I am a child of the most high God.” Every time a person passed by I would look at him or her and say to myself, “and so is he (or she).” For a considerable period of time I went about working, meditating on my position as a heavenly princess and noticing every single life that passed in front of my eyes while recognizing each and every one’s supreme importance in the eyes of our Father.

I became overwhelmingly admirant of the individuals passing by me, despite their shape or size, early morning shaggy appearances, visually apparent vastly different lifestyles; every single one of them was created by my Father, is His beloved and breathes His breath. At one point something overwhelmingly powerful came over me and I wanted to shout at the top of my lungs something along the lines of, “Our Heavenly Father Loves You!!!” I literally felt myself holding my mouth shut. What a fool would I have been to shout aloud about God to passersby in Meijer? A few moments later I almost began to cry. I held back tears as my heart like a volcano began to overflow with compassion, respect, and appreciation for every person I laid eyes on. I adored them all because they were my brothers and sisters and because my Father adores them. I prayed blessings over everyone I saw. I smiled a weird puppy dog smile in each person’s general direction.

Over and over again, ““I am a daughter of the King of Kings. I am a princess. I am a child of the most high God… and so is she.” To say the least, it was a very interesting morning.

Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Gal 4:7

1 comment:

  1. There is a part in the book The Shack that talks about that. It really makes you think about others in a more respectful way. I get so caught up in myself and "my people" that I forget that God made every single person in the whole entire world - that is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete