THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving, Day 307

I am thankful for so much it's impossible to choose and list everything. None the less:

I think I'm most thankful for my family. I'm thankful that I live in a safe place (in a good country) where I can go jogging in the dark and think nothing of it, that ignorance is conquerable, that despite the overwhelming darkness in this world there is a vast amount of light. I'm thankful for health and fully functioning limbs, organs, senses... it is truly a blessing to be healthy. I'm SOOO thankful for the beauty in this world, that everywhere one looks even in those grim and desolate places there is breathtaking beauty to be seen; the ground, the sky, the vegetation, the water, the animals and insects, the people... this place is spectacular. I'm thankful for books and history and tradition. I'm thankful for people who see, who look beyond themselves and offer their lives to those places where so much is lacking. I am really thankful. I am incredibly blessed. I'm undeserving of the love and the gifts that our Heavenly Father has bestowed upon me. And I'm thankful for our God, for Jesus Christ and certainly for the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment