THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sunrise, Day 282

The sky this morning was magnificent. As I was walking into work I was amazed at the beauty. The parking lot at Meijer allows for an incredibly large horizon and with the skyscrapers of Grand Rapids poking into the beauty, each one speckled by hundreds of tiny lit office windows; the scene was memorizing. I lamented for only one moment as I turned my back to the orange, red, yellow, purple and blue hues spanning miles of trees with the little big city resting in the middle, "Oh how I wish I were able to just stand here and gaze upon the beauty..."

But then I looked back at the sky and walked slowly to my indoor destination. I enjoyed the eye candy blessing that surrounded me for those brief moments. Why should I have let that tiny bit of time go to waste simply because of it's smallness? I almost foolishly cast those few moments aside simply because they were so brief. I noticed others walking into the building seemingly unaware of the miracle occurring within the sky. I know I looked goofy walking sideways through the entire parking lot but honestly I wondered why everyone else wasn't doing the same thing. So, I was only able to enjoy the tremendous beauty for a short bit, I had to reach a destination, I had to go on with the day, but I'm thankful for the time I had and for the beauty I saw. I need nothing more. The Lord blessed me.

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.  Zep 3:17

1 comment:

  1. On the way to playgroup this morning Annabelle said to me, "Mommy, the sky is just so beautiful." I'm glad that she noticed it otherwise I wouldn't have seen such a beautiful sky.
    It was a great opportunity to explain that Jesus made that beautiful sky for us.

    ReplyDelete