THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Home School Triathlon, Day 291

I've decided to embark upon a 5 month long triathlon involving 3 sports.

The first sport consists of living healthily.
Low fat, low calorie, low sugar, high protein, responsible eating is a must in order to successfully run this race. (Christmas cookies are totally allowed, sparingly) I also have to commit to exercising 6 days a week again (I had that down pat a few months ago but it's dwindled to somewhere around 3 days a week now). I do have a weight goal but that's not the objective, just something to work towards.

The second sport consists of completing my very own formulated home school program.
I am going to learn some additional Spanish during these next 5 months. I am going to read regularly AND retain a lot of the information perused. The backbone to this coarse I will be attending is Irish History. I LOVE reading about Ireland and there's so much more I still want to know. This leads to last leg of my triathlon.

The third sport consists of working towards my ambitions.
I want to travel ALOT! I'm financially unable to accomplish this feat but I can work towards it. With set goals and a shining light in the distance it will be a bit easier to live responsibly. I can say, "I really want to go back to Ireland someday," and mean it with all my heart but if I don't have any plans accordingly it's likely not going to happen. If I say, "I'm going to Ireland next year," and set goals and work towards those goals it's a lot more likely to happen. A VERY large part of this leg of the triathlon will be penny pinching, responsible spending, debt reduction AND savings (towards an awesome trip overseas with my honey).

The end result of 5 months of incredibly hard work will be a much more well versed Spanish speaking healthy me climbing Croagh Patrick in Ireland. My mantra: Every penny counts. Every calorie counts. Ireland here I come.

Best of all, your very own self devised home school program is completely and totally free!
The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, but diligence is man's precious possession. Prov. 12:27

No comments:

Post a Comment