THIS IS MY 2010 BLOG... revisited 5 years later

Friday, September 24, 2010

Clothed with Humility, Day 242

I saw a woman shopping at Meijer today wearing a look of absolute frustration. She was stopped behind a super duperly slow woman and there was much to much traffic for her to pass on by. She was tapping her fingers quickly on the cart handle. Her head was bobbing back and forth a bit. Her foot was tapping on the floor. It was obvious that she'd been trapped behind the turtle lady for a while. It wasn't funny but I couldn't help but laugh. It was like I was looking right at myself.

I'm not sure it's possible but I want desperately to get over this intense frustration I feel towards the slow people of the world. I have to get signatures from team leaders everyday. Some of the team leaders are very accommodating. There are others who are rude and insulting. The mean ones seem to always be in a hurry. They act like everyone and I mean everyone, team members, other team leaders, customers, everyone is inconveniencing them. They give off this vibe that their time is much too valuable for anyone to encroach upon. They don't think about the way they talk to others, the looks they give to others, they just don't think about others. I try my hardest to avoid those team leaders. I imagine they think that they're working harder than anyone else in the store but honestly if hard work involves that much frustration and hostility towards others then I think the hard worker isn't cut out for the job they've got no matter how much they're giving to it.

I don't want my focus to push others out of the way. If loving, caring, and respecting life/ people isn't always the main focus of everything that we're doing everyday then I think we're doing something wrong. I usually get more frustrated with shoppers at Meijer when I'm shopping, not when I'm working. But I must ask myself what makes my time so valuable that it's worth looking down upon and harboring hostility towards others? I really don't think my time is that valuable (despite the fact that some of those slow people... ok most of them, don't seem to notice that anyone else is occupying this planet with them which is essentially the trap I'm trying to avoid myself when getting mad at them).

Just my thoughts for today. I want to be considerate and caring. I want to be a person who operates in patience. I've my shortcomings but I do not want to turn into one of those folks who can't see past the end of their noses; one of those folks who thinks the world revolves around them. Yuck.

All of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment